Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Helping Out

One thing that I love to watch is children helping children.  There was a time that I use to wonder how to instill helping out in the children and not just helping an adult but helping other children.  Not too long ago we were all getting ready to go out when suddenly I had to go to the bathroom.  As I was in the bathroom, a child called out to me for help with his scarf.  I replied that I couldn't come right now and maybe ------ can help you.  This other child did help to my delight.  Another day I was washing up a few dishes from lunch and another child asked if i could unpeel his paper from his cheese string.  I told him he had to wait because my hands are all wet.  I then suggested ------ could help and he did.  I just had to snap that picture quickly.  It was so precious th way he unpeeled the paper as the child wrapped his arm around his neck.  So how do we help children help children, don't be too quick to rescue and suggest that another child could help out.  I also discovered that children take great delight in helping out other children and they also feel proud of themselves not to mention that a special bonding also takes place whild helping out.  If there is anything that I could teach the children in my nanny job, it would be that!

1 comment:

  1. I love that! Have you asked the other moms if you can use first names on the site? I'd love to know who _____________ and ____________ are - tee, hee! Laura

    ReplyDelete