Monday, February 28, 2011

Exclamation Point

An exclamation point is used after a word or sentence that expresses strong feelings.  Suppose you say something surprising, shocking, or full of feeling.  Then you use an exclamation point.  For example,  "It rained for ten days in a row!"  "Skippy swallowed his ball!" "I just love you, Aunt Jane!"  Strong commands get exclamation points, too.  For example, "Get that lizard out of here!"  Also another good one, "That iguana licked my face!  I need an exclamation point to emphasize how disgusted I am!"  I was thinking the other day of another way to use an exclamation point and that is to have one at the end of my life.  "Wow! Colleen was an awesome nanny!"   "Colleen was an amazing sister!"  "Colleen was a loyal friend!"  "Colleen was a great Aunt!"  How fulfilling  my life would be if there was an exclamation mark at the end of it!

2 comments:

  1. You don't need to wait until the end. "Colleen is a GREAT nanny!!!" WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RunnerGirl (aka sis)Tuesday, March 01, 2011

    Everybody already thinks those things of you!!! Perhaps they are just not said enough!

    ReplyDelete