Thursday, December 30, 2010

Doing the math for my 5k

The way I was thinking earlier only happens before my coffee.  My 5k run on Jan 16 won't be my first but it's been a long time.  While perking my coffee I remembered the time of my previous 5k so long, long ago.  It was close to forty minutes,  As I poured boiled water over my fresh coffee grinds, I told myself since it takes me ten minutes to run up and down my street, a 5k would feel like running my street about four times!  EASY!  As I took my first sip of the hot and extra strong substance known as caffeine reality set in as I realized that street is probably a half k so my math didn't add up.

Am I discouraged? No. I'm still determined to do this in eighteen days. EIGHTEEN DAYS!  That soon?  OK, I willl be repeating Monique Webb's quote: "DO THE THINGS THAT MAKE YOUR SPIRIT SOAR."  In the past my spirit usually soared AFTER my run.  So it looks like I will have longer to wait as I finish my 5k hopefully before one hour.  That's ok, I know this can be accomplished and my reward- a nice t-shirt that will hopefully fit!

1 comment: